100% Uptime, No Joke! My Favorite Network Device
I wanted to share with everyone a brief look at my favorite network device, currently boasting 100% uptime for 530+ days!
It is our Buffalo Linkstation Duo NAS (network attached storage) that we use for non-critical data storage. Simply stated, it is the perfect turnkey NAS solution I've ever used, and it offers some great features that makes it a hands-off device in my world. Here are a couple of hightlights:
First, the list of options is quite robust and easy to configure and the web-based management client is clean and fast. (It even has a built-in media server for you home users!)
The drive configuration of the DUO line is RAID 5 with 2 built-in disk drives. You can expand this through 2 additional USB ports (not RAID), or you can mirror the entire box to another LinkStation for redundancy or distributed data access on your LAN/WAN.
The System Status/Drive Properties menu gives you access to a quick view of your drive usage for both the RAID disks and any attached USB disks.
We have some data that we'd feel better about having multiple copies of, so I plugged in a 1 TB USB drive and configured the LinkStation to backup a subset of the data over to the USB drive for extra redundancy.
Another nice feature, which really makes it a hands-off device, is the email notifications and you have several alerts choices to opt-in to.
There are many other features and options to look at, but the best bet is to head over to Buffalo's website and pick one out for yourself! You really can't beat the functionality, feature set, reliability, and price. (Our set up is sub $300.00.)
- Phil Spitze
- Friday Fuel: MOAR MOBILE. And More. Fri, December 19, 2014
- The Hotel SERP Real Estate Game Mon, December 08, 2014
- The 2014 Top 5 “Must Have” Techie Gift Guide Tue, December 02, 2014
- Creating Dynamite Emails Mon, November 24, 2014
- Amazon’s OTA, New Hilton & Marriott Fees, and Airbnb Protection Program Fri, November 21, 2014
- Internet Marketing Summit 2014 Key Takeaways Fri, November 14, 2014
- Google Removes Local Carousel For Hotels Fri, November 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Tinder for Hotels, Nano-Robot Scallops, and Virtual Balconies at Sea Fri, November 07, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: September 2014 Thu, October 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel - The Do’s and Don’ts of 2015, Hilton Rebrands Itself, TripAdvisor & Moon Travel Fri, October 24, 2014
- Is your Resort Talking to its Guests? Mon, October 13, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Hilton’s Big Sale, Last Minute Bookings, Hotel Reviews & Google News Fri, October 10, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Marriot Gets in Trouble & Mobile Payments Gain Momentum Fri, October 03, 2014
- Around the Analytics World September Wrap-up Tue, September 30, 2014
- Device Types And How They Are Being Used Mon, September 29, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Silence is a luxury, another OTA hits the scene, and Microsoft shows its dongle. Fri, September 26, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Google Knows What You’re Watching, Data Breaches, And The Tiniest Hotels Ever Fri, September 19, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: August 2014 Thu, September 18, 2014