100% Uptime, No Joke! My Favorite Network Device
I wanted to share with everyone a brief look at my favorite network device, currently boasting 100% uptime for 530+ days!
It is our Buffalo Linkstation Duo NAS (network attached storage) that we use for non-critical data storage. Simply stated, it is the perfect turnkey NAS solution I've ever used, and it offers some great features that makes it a hands-off device in my world. Here are a couple of hightlights:
First, the list of options is quite robust and easy to configure and the web-based management client is clean and fast. (It even has a built-in media server for you home users!)
The drive configuration of the DUO line is RAID 5 with 2 built-in disk drives. You can expand this through 2 additional USB ports (not RAID), or you can mirror the entire box to another LinkStation for redundancy or distributed data access on your LAN/WAN.
The System Status/Drive Properties menu gives you access to a quick view of your drive usage for both the RAID disks and any attached USB disks.
We have some data that we'd feel better about having multiple copies of, so I plugged in a 1 TB USB drive and configured the LinkStation to backup a subset of the data over to the USB drive for extra redundancy.
Another nice feature, which really makes it a hands-off device, is the email notifications and you have several alerts choices to opt-in to.
There are many other features and options to look at, but the best bet is to head over to Buffalo's website and pick one out for yourself! You really can't beat the functionality, feature set, reliability, and price. (Our set up is sub $300.00.)
- Phil Spitze
- Around the Analytics World February Wrap-up Sat, February 28, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Hotel Robot Staff, Towel Crime Fighting, and Rent your own Island! Fri, February 20, 2015
- Friday Fuel: OTA Takeovers & Movie Makeovers Fri, February 13, 2015
- The Southeast’s Most Romantic Travel Destinations Wed, February 11, 2015
- Friday Fuel: 50 Shades of Awesome Fri, February 06, 2015
- Around the Analytics World January Wrap-up Mon, February 02, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Release the WiFi, Meet Castro, and 7 more exciting links! Fri, January 30, 2015
- The Basics to Facebook Advertising Tue, January 27, 2015
- Facebook Marketing For Hotels Fri, January 23, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Better Late Than Never Edition Mon, January 19, 2015
- Around the Analytics World December Wrap-up Wed, December 31, 2014
- Friday Fuel: MOAR MOBILE. And More. Fri, December 19, 2014
- The Hotel SERP Real Estate Game Mon, December 08, 2014
- The 2014 Top 5 “Must Have” Techie Gift Guide Tue, December 02, 2014
- Creating Dynamite Emails Mon, November 24, 2014
- Amazon’s OTA, New Hilton & Marriott Fees, and Airbnb Protection Program Fri, November 21, 2014
- Internet Marketing Summit 2014 Key Takeaways Fri, November 14, 2014
- Google Removes Local Carousel For Hotels Fri, November 14, 2014