AdWords Enforces Transparency, Fuel Interactive Already There
Google AdWords recently announced an update to their terms and conditions that will enforce more transparency in third party reporting. What this means is that any company who manages your AdWords account on your behalf, whether it be an agency or a freelancer, is required to give you at least the following information: impressions, clicks, and spend.
What Google is trying to do is cut down on companies who say something like "Just give us the money and we'll handle it". While this may work if you're hiring the mob to whack someone, it doesn't work when you have full right to see how your campaigns are performing. There are more shady compaines out there that will take more than their fair share of your budget, or just set your campaigns and forget them.
Part of this is Google's own self-preservation. When someone hires an agency that doesn't give full disclosure and the campaigns don't perform well, it reflects poorly on Google. You may blame Google for the bad performance when it was, in fact, shoddy campaign management. That's not what Google wants. They want you to be happy and spend money which means they'll do whatever they can to make sure your campaigns do well.
Fortunately, we at Fuel Interactive offered full disclosure before Google decided it was necessary. Our PPC reports are chock full of information including a full look at all important metrics from campaign, ad, and keyword levels. We feel that by offering clients a 360 degree view of their campaigns, not only does it build trust and good rapport, it keeps us accountable and doing our best. If your campaigns aren't performing well, we'll let you know that too, and work with you to develop better solutions. Is it easier to take your money and run? Yes, but we don't just want your money, we want your business. That means building a relationship. And what's the foundation of any good relationship? Trust.
- Friday Fuel: Robo Butlers, Chilly Cruise Ships, and Windows 9 Fri, September 12, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Turn Down For Tech Fri, September 05, 2014
- Around the Analytics World August Wrap-up Fri, September 05, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Amazon Twitched, Apple Teases, and China Levels Up Fri, August 29, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Nooks, Bings and Cyborg Moths Oh My! Fri, August 22, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: July 2014 Thu, August 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: The Robot Sharknado Edition Fri, August 01, 2014
- Around the Analytics World July Wrap-up Thu, July 31, 2014
- Friday Fuel: In-App Purchases, New SHIELD Tablet, How Adblock Can Protect You, and More Fri, July 25, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Google+ Gets Better, Microsoft’s Nokia Changes, Amazon Releases, Tesla’s Reveal & More! Fri, July 18, 2014
- Are You CASL Compliant? Wed, July 16, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Google, Amazon, and the Worlds Largest Flying Bird Fri, July 11, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: June 2014 Fri, July 11, 2014
- 4th of July Fireworks Photography Guide Wed, July 02, 2014
- Around the Analytics World June Wrap-up Mon, June 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Link Removal in Europe, Package Delivering Drones are Illegal, and More Fri, June 27, 2014
- Friday Fuel: We Didn’t Start The Fire, The Government Starts To Wake Up, Facebook Shenanigans & More Fri, June 20, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Priceline & OpenTable, Netflix & Verizon, and Google & Virgin Fri, June 13, 2014