Endless Fun PPC Advertising Case Study
Endless Fun operates four resort hotels in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Fuel Interactive optimizes their pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
Each resort has different amenities, specials, and price points. Their goal is to maximize ROAS while acquiring new customers.
We started with a 657% ROAS average across five active accounts in January 2008. We increased to 1552% in February; crept up to 1689% by April; then shot up to 2300% in May. It's tempting to attribute this success entirely to seasonal interest, but statistical comparison to seasonal search activity refutes this theory.
- Month-by-Month Overview of ROAS Gains per PPC Account
- Ads Tested Part One (141 ads total in both files)
- Ads Tested, Part two
The best explanation for these gains in ROAS is that the ad spend was optimized and new ads were tested based on keyword and ad-level metrics. As soon as statistical confidence warranted, keywords and ads with lower or zero ROAS were paused.
Significant ROAS gains can almost always be found by testing new offers and copywriting in ads. We conducted three major ad tests: property facts vs. emotional benefits, partner discount offers, and percentage vs. dollar amount specials. The most interesting finding is that the best ad approach varied by hotel property and brand vs. geographic focused keyword.
Although we have not verified this with data, compared to other clients, we believe key factors in this client's success to include:
- A website we have often redesigned and modified that converts at a good percentage (above 1%)
- Client-agency collaboration on ad copy,
- New ad tests each month,
- Good client-agency communications.
A 30-60 minute meeting each month with the client makes a huge difference in the agency's ability to write effective ads and work in concert with the client's marketing campaigns in other channels.
- Friday Fuel: MOAR MOBILE. And More. Fri, December 19, 2014
- The Hotel SERP Real Estate Game Mon, December 08, 2014
- The 2014 Top 5 “Must Have” Techie Gift Guide Tue, December 02, 2014
- Creating Dynamite Emails Mon, November 24, 2014
- Amazon’s OTA, New Hilton & Marriott Fees, and Airbnb Protection Program Fri, November 21, 2014
- Internet Marketing Summit 2014 Key Takeaways Fri, November 14, 2014
- Google Removes Local Carousel For Hotels Fri, November 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Tinder for Hotels, Nano-Robot Scallops, and Virtual Balconies at Sea Fri, November 07, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: September 2014 Thu, October 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel - The Do’s and Don’ts of 2015, Hilton Rebrands Itself, TripAdvisor & Moon Travel Fri, October 24, 2014
- Is your Resort Talking to its Guests? Mon, October 13, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Hilton’s Big Sale, Last Minute Bookings, Hotel Reviews & Google News Fri, October 10, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Marriot Gets in Trouble & Mobile Payments Gain Momentum Fri, October 03, 2014
- Around the Analytics World September Wrap-up Tue, September 30, 2014
- Device Types And How They Are Being Used Mon, September 29, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Silence is a luxury, another OTA hits the scene, and Microsoft shows its dongle. Fri, September 26, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Google Knows What You’re Watching, Data Breaches, And The Tiniest Hotels Ever Fri, September 19, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: August 2014 Thu, September 18, 2014