Endless Fun PPC Advertising Case Study
Endless Fun operates four resort hotels in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Fuel Interactive optimizes their pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
Each resort has different amenities, specials, and price points. Their goal is to maximize ROAS while acquiring new customers.
We started with a 657% ROAS average across five active accounts in January 2008. We increased to 1552% in February; crept up to 1689% by April; then shot up to 2300% in May. It's tempting to attribute this success entirely to seasonal interest, but statistical comparison to seasonal search activity refutes this theory.
- Month-by-Month Overview of ROAS Gains per PPC Account
- Ads Tested Part One (141 ads total in both files)
- Ads Tested, Part two
The best explanation for these gains in ROAS is that the ad spend was optimized and new ads were tested based on keyword and ad-level metrics. As soon as statistical confidence warranted, keywords and ads with lower or zero ROAS were paused.
Significant ROAS gains can almost always be found by testing new offers and copywriting in ads. We conducted three major ad tests: property facts vs. emotional benefits, partner discount offers, and percentage vs. dollar amount specials. The most interesting finding is that the best ad approach varied by hotel property and brand vs. geographic focused keyword.
Although we have not verified this with data, compared to other clients, we believe key factors in this client's success to include:
- A website we have often redesigned and modified that converts at a good percentage (above 1%)
- Client-agency collaboration on ad copy,
- New ad tests each month,
- Good client-agency communications.
A 30-60 minute meeting each month with the client makes a huge difference in the agency's ability to write effective ads and work in concert with the client's marketing campaigns in other channels.
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: July 2014 Thu, August 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: The Robot Sharknado Edition Fri, August 01, 2014
- Around the Analytics World July Wrap-up Thu, July 31, 2014
- Friday Fuel: In-App Purchases, New SHIELD Tablet, How Adblock Can Protect You, and More Fri, July 25, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Google+ Gets Better, Microsoft’s Nokia Changes, Amazon Releases, Tesla’s Reveal & More! Fri, July 18, 2014
- Are You CASL Compliant? Wed, July 16, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Google, Amazon, and the Worlds Largest Flying Bird Fri, July 11, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: June 2014 Fri, July 11, 2014
- 4th of July Fireworks Photography Guide Wed, July 02, 2014
- Around the Analytics World June Wrap-up Mon, June 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Link Removal in Europe, Package Delivering Drones are Illegal, and More Fri, June 27, 2014
- Friday Fuel: We Didn’t Start The Fire, The Government Starts To Wake Up, Facebook Shenanigans & More Fri, June 20, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Priceline & OpenTable, Netflix & Verizon, and Google & Virgin Fri, June 13, 2014
- Creating a Customized Navigation in Adobe SiteCatalyst Fri, June 13, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: May 2014 Wed, June 11, 2014
- Friday Fuel: OS Updates & Net Neutrality Nonsense Fri, June 06, 2014
- Around the Analytics World May Wrap-up Fri, May 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Language Translation, Fighting Cyber Warfare, & Suspended Animation Fri, May 30, 2014