Endless Fun PPC Advertising Case Study
Endless Fun operates four resort hotels in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Fuel Interactive optimizes their pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
Each resort has different amenities, specials, and price points. Their goal is to maximize ROAS while acquiring new customers.
We started with a 657% ROAS average across five active accounts in January 2008. We increased to 1552% in February; crept up to 1689% by April; then shot up to 2300% in May. It's tempting to attribute this success entirely to seasonal interest, but statistical comparison to seasonal search activity refutes this theory.
- Month-by-Month Overview of ROAS Gains per PPC Account
- Ads Tested Part One (141 ads total in both files)
- Ads Tested, Part two
The best explanation for these gains in ROAS is that the ad spend was optimized and new ads were tested based on keyword and ad-level metrics. As soon as statistical confidence warranted, keywords and ads with lower or zero ROAS were paused.
Significant ROAS gains can almost always be found by testing new offers and copywriting in ads. We conducted three major ad tests: property facts vs. emotional benefits, partner discount offers, and percentage vs. dollar amount specials. The most interesting finding is that the best ad approach varied by hotel property and brand vs. geographic focused keyword.
Although we have not verified this with data, compared to other clients, we believe key factors in this client's success to include:
- A website we have often redesigned and modified that converts at a good percentage (above 1%)
- Client-agency collaboration on ad copy,
- New ad tests each month,
- Good client-agency communications.
A 30-60 minute meeting each month with the client makes a huge difference in the agency's ability to write effective ads and work in concert with the client's marketing campaigns in other channels.
- Around the Analytics World February Wrap-up Sat, February 28, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Hotel Robot Staff, Towel Crime Fighting, and Rent your own Island! Fri, February 20, 2015
- Friday Fuel: OTA Takeovers & Movie Makeovers Fri, February 13, 2015
- The Southeast’s Most Romantic Travel Destinations Wed, February 11, 2015
- Friday Fuel: 50 Shades of Awesome Fri, February 06, 2015
- Around the Analytics World January Wrap-up Mon, February 02, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Release the WiFi, Meet Castro, and 7 more exciting links! Fri, January 30, 2015
- The Basics to Facebook Advertising Tue, January 27, 2015
- Facebook Marketing For Hotels Fri, January 23, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Better Late Than Never Edition Mon, January 19, 2015
- Around the Analytics World December Wrap-up Wed, December 31, 2014
- Friday Fuel: MOAR MOBILE. And More. Fri, December 19, 2014
- The Hotel SERP Real Estate Game Mon, December 08, 2014
- The 2014 Top 5 “Must Have” Techie Gift Guide Tue, December 02, 2014
- Creating Dynamite Emails Mon, November 24, 2014
- Amazon’s OTA, New Hilton & Marriott Fees, and Airbnb Protection Program Fri, November 21, 2014
- Internet Marketing Summit 2014 Key Takeaways Fri, November 14, 2014
- Google Removes Local Carousel For Hotels Fri, November 14, 2014