If Thomas Edison Were to Run PPC…
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison
If Thomas Edison were to run PPC what approach do you think he would take? Would he wait until a campaign stabilizes or would he constantly push the envelope with the hopes of getting better.
Attention given to a PPC account can produce diminishing returns. At first the account has to gather data, then we optimize. Then the account expands until it reaches a optimal size and spend. We can get a nearly perfect keyword list and a nearly perfect campaign structure... but not everything can be perfect.
But there is one component that can never be perfect... your ads. This is why we continually look to test every possible ad idea imaginable. They all shine, which ad shines the brightest? If Thomas Edison was running PPC, he'd test 10,000 ads before he landed on his best ads. We tend to agree.
Now there is a limitation to this metaphor. Obviously while Edison was looking for the perfect variation of carbon filament to complete his design of the light bulb, the light bulb did not work at all. With PPC, the account is working already, the only question is, how brightly can that account shine?
- The Hotel SERP Real Estate Game Mon, December 08, 2014
- The 2014 Top 5 “Must Have” Techie Gift Guide Tue, December 02, 2014
- Creating Dynamite Emails Mon, November 24, 2014
- Amazon’s OTA, New Hilton & Marriott Fees, and Airbnb Protection Program Fri, November 21, 2014
- Internet Marketing Summit 2014 Key Takeaways Fri, November 14, 2014
- Google Removes Local Carousel For Hotels Fri, November 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Tinder for Hotels, Nano-Robot Scallops, and Virtual Balconies at Sea Fri, November 07, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: September 2014 Thu, October 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel - The Do’s and Don’ts of 2015, Hilton Rebrands Itself, TripAdvisor & Moon Travel Fri, October 24, 2014
- Is your Resort Talking to its Guests? Mon, October 13, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Hilton’s Big Sale, Last Minute Bookings, Hotel Reviews & Google News Fri, October 10, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Marriot Gets in Trouble & Mobile Payments Gain Momentum Fri, October 03, 2014
- Around the Analytics World September Wrap-up Tue, September 30, 2014
- Device Types And How They Are Being Used Mon, September 29, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Silence is a luxury, another OTA hits the scene, and Microsoft shows its dongle. Fri, September 26, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Google Knows What You’re Watching, Data Breaches, And The Tiniest Hotels Ever Fri, September 19, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: August 2014 Thu, September 18, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Robo Butlers, Chilly Cruise Ships, and Windows 9 Fri, September 12, 2014