Job Opening! SEO/PPC/Social Media Specialist
Sep, 24, 2008
UPDATE: This opening has been filled as of 8/26/2008.
Join our cool team! Just saying that because that's what cheezy companies say that want you to think they're a cool, team-oriented, fun environment. But we actually are cool, team-oriented, and fun. Really!
Fuel Interactive has an entry-level opportunity in the exploding field of search engine marketing and optimization.
You will work directly with the Director of the department, another Search Marketing Specialist, our Web Analytics Specialist, Account Managers and other team members.
Fuel Interactive is a rapidly growing internet marketing agency partnered with one of the top traditional marketing agencies in the Southeast and another long-standing successful technology company.
We need a sharp individual interested in on-the-job training and working hard in a quick moving environment. You'll learn cutting edge internet marketing techniques and tools.
What's the Job Like?
One Search Specialist says, "it's cool working in an innovative industry not everyone knows about." It's not easy work. He says, "I've read and studied more in the last two months than I did in college." Search is always evolving and requires constant learning.
But Search is a growing field. In these times of economic downturn, getting a job in this field is "true job security in troubled times." While employers in other industries are laying people off, Fuel has been hiring like crazy.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* Following up on SEO research, build relationships with other sites, help build links to client sites
* Mining of multiple data sources to develop keyword lists
* Creating and editing text and URL's for SEO
* Gather and organize data/research from various websites to aid in SEO and PPC efforts
* Pay Per Click and SEO reporting
* Campaign management- on the job training provided
* Similar activities for Online Reputation Management and Social Media Management programs
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently
* Must be attentive to detail, good spelling a must
* Proficient with Excel- importing, sorting, cleaning data
* Good written and oral communication skills, team player
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and dependably deliver results
* Ability to quickly learn new software tools
* Analytic and quantitative abilities
* Experience with AdWords, Yahoo PPC management, SEO, blogging, social bookmarking, Twitter, Google Analytics, Omniture, Urchin, HTML, CSS, CFM, PHP, ASP
* Sense of humor, or just the ability to pretend you have one
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC