The Ten Commandments of SEM 2.0
Naturally, our star this time is not Ramses, but Moses... (Charlton Heston style)
It hit me a few days after publishing that, that there's a perfect way to extend the theme of the post and go into more detail.
That's right, it's...
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF SEM 2.0
- Thou shalt test everything everywhere; test thy messages, offers, and appeals in social media, on thy site, in thy ads, and in thy search listings.
- Thou shalt win friends and influence people via Social Media; thou shalt turn competitors into allies via networking and SM.
- Thou shalt not beg, cajole, or threaten people to give you links for thy networking and value surely shalt bring thee more links (blessed are the poor in links who deserve more links)
- Thou shalt create valuable content and useful tools that people will want to use, link to, and share.
- Thou shalt use analytics to discover which keywords, placements, ads, offers, and audiences get thee the results thou needest most.
- Thou shalt use lessons from each of these three channels: social media, SEO, and PPC to doest better in the other two.
- Thou shalt use thy seo wisdom on landing pages to increase thy PPC quality score.
- Thou shalt re-optimize and re-strategize based on clues provided to thee by thy analytics.
- Thou shalt monitor what people are saying about thee, stay up to date on thy competition, and watch for new competitors.
- Thou shalt attain wisdom from pre-internet marketing and PR books and teachers and test them in thy SEM efforts.
And finally, thou shalt not argue about whether there is any sense to the order of these 10 commandments. Because there ain't.
- The Hotel SERP Real Estate Game Mon, December 08, 2014
- The 2014 Top 5 “Must Have” Techie Gift Guide Tue, December 02, 2014
- Creating Dynamite Emails Mon, November 24, 2014
- Amazon’s OTA, New Hilton & Marriott Fees, and Airbnb Protection Program Fri, November 21, 2014
- Internet Marketing Summit 2014 Key Takeaways Fri, November 14, 2014
- Google Removes Local Carousel For Hotels Fri, November 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Tinder for Hotels, Nano-Robot Scallops, and Virtual Balconies at Sea Fri, November 07, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: September 2014 Thu, October 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel - The Do’s and Don’ts of 2015, Hilton Rebrands Itself, TripAdvisor & Moon Travel Fri, October 24, 2014
- Is your Resort Talking to its Guests? Mon, October 13, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Hilton’s Big Sale, Last Minute Bookings, Hotel Reviews & Google News Fri, October 10, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Marriot Gets in Trouble & Mobile Payments Gain Momentum Fri, October 03, 2014
- Around the Analytics World September Wrap-up Tue, September 30, 2014
- Device Types And How They Are Being Used Mon, September 29, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Silence is a luxury, another OTA hits the scene, and Microsoft shows its dongle. Fri, September 26, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Google Knows What You’re Watching, Data Breaches, And The Tiniest Hotels Ever Fri, September 19, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: August 2014 Thu, September 18, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Robo Butlers, Chilly Cruise Ships, and Windows 9 Fri, September 12, 2014