The Ten Commandments of SEM 2.0
Naturally, our star this time is not Ramses, but Moses... (Charlton Heston style)
It hit me a few days after publishing that, that there's a perfect way to extend the theme of the post and go into more detail.
That's right, it's...
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF SEM 2.0
- Thou shalt test everything everywhere; test thy messages, offers, and appeals in social media, on thy site, in thy ads, and in thy search listings.
- Thou shalt win friends and influence people via Social Media; thou shalt turn competitors into allies via networking and SM.
- Thou shalt not beg, cajole, or threaten people to give you links for thy networking and value surely shalt bring thee more links (blessed are the poor in links who deserve more links)
- Thou shalt create valuable content and useful tools that people will want to use, link to, and share.
- Thou shalt use analytics to discover which keywords, placements, ads, offers, and audiences get thee the results thou needest most.
- Thou shalt use lessons from each of these three channels: social media, SEO, and PPC to doest better in the other two.
- Thou shalt use thy seo wisdom on landing pages to increase thy PPC quality score.
- Thou shalt re-optimize and re-strategize based on clues provided to thee by thy analytics.
- Thou shalt monitor what people are saying about thee, stay up to date on thy competition, and watch for new competitors.
- Thou shalt attain wisdom from pre-internet marketing and PR books and teachers and test them in thy SEM efforts.
And finally, thou shalt not argue about whether there is any sense to the order of these 10 commandments. Because there ain't.
- Friday Fuel: Amazon Twitched, Apple Teases, and China Levels Up Fri, August 29, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Nooks, Bings and Cyborg Moths Oh My! Fri, August 22, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: July 2014 Thu, August 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: The Robot Sharknado Edition Fri, August 01, 2014
- Around the Analytics World July Wrap-up Thu, July 31, 2014
- Friday Fuel: In-App Purchases, New SHIELD Tablet, How Adblock Can Protect You, and More Fri, July 25, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Google+ Gets Better, Microsoft’s Nokia Changes, Amazon Releases, Tesla’s Reveal & More! Fri, July 18, 2014
- Are You CASL Compliant? Wed, July 16, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Google, Amazon, and the Worlds Largest Flying Bird Fri, July 11, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: June 2014 Fri, July 11, 2014
- 4th of July Fireworks Photography Guide Wed, July 02, 2014
- Around the Analytics World June Wrap-up Mon, June 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Link Removal in Europe, Package Delivering Drones are Illegal, and More Fri, June 27, 2014
- Friday Fuel: We Didn’t Start The Fire, The Government Starts To Wake Up, Facebook Shenanigans & More Fri, June 20, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Priceline & OpenTable, Netflix & Verizon, and Google & Virgin Fri, June 13, 2014
- Creating a Customized Navigation in Adobe SiteCatalyst Fri, June 13, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: May 2014 Wed, June 11, 2014
- Friday Fuel: OS Updates & Net Neutrality Nonsense Fri, June 06, 2014