Your Audience Is Waiting: 4 Tips to Get Your Blog Found
Are you the only one who reads your blog? Are you tired of working slavishly to generate good content only to be rewarded by a measly two comments? I mean, I know that there are personal benefits to writing a blog, but ultimately you want traffic, you want readers... and if your content is good, people want to find it. Its up to you to be sure that your content gets found. So get on it! Your audience is waiting for you.
So here are four simple tips to boost your blog in the rankings.
1. Submit your posts to social bookmarking sites. Sites like Reddit and Digg are great ways to get the word out.
2. Submit your blog to blog directories. Some of my favorites are sites like Best of the Web Blog Search, OnToplist.com, and Super Blog Directory.
3. Ping your RSS feed. There are plenty of free pinging services on the web. My favorite is pingomatic.
4. Be sure to use interesting images and then place keywords in the "img alt" tag. With the increasing popularity of image searches in search engines, a good image is becoming an easy way to get some quick traffic.
So keep working to create and publish high quality, useful content. Then follow simple guidelines like these to boost exposure and traffic. Happy blogging!
- Friday Fuel: Amazon Twitched, Apple Teases, and China Levels Up Fri, August 29, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Nooks, Bings and Cyborg Moths Oh My! Fri, August 22, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: July 2014 Thu, August 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: The Robot Sharknado Edition Fri, August 01, 2014
- Around the Analytics World July Wrap-up Thu, July 31, 2014
- Friday Fuel: In-App Purchases, New SHIELD Tablet, How Adblock Can Protect You, and More Fri, July 25, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Google+ Gets Better, Microsoft’s Nokia Changes, Amazon Releases, Tesla’s Reveal & More! Fri, July 18, 2014
- Are You CASL Compliant? Wed, July 16, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Google, Amazon, and the Worlds Largest Flying Bird Fri, July 11, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: June 2014 Fri, July 11, 2014
- 4th of July Fireworks Photography Guide Wed, July 02, 2014
- Around the Analytics World June Wrap-up Mon, June 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Link Removal in Europe, Package Delivering Drones are Illegal, and More Fri, June 27, 2014
- Friday Fuel: We Didn’t Start The Fire, The Government Starts To Wake Up, Facebook Shenanigans & More Fri, June 20, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Priceline & OpenTable, Netflix & Verizon, and Google & Virgin Fri, June 13, 2014
- Creating a Customized Navigation in Adobe SiteCatalyst Fri, June 13, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: May 2014 Wed, June 11, 2014
- Friday Fuel: OS Updates & Net Neutrality Nonsense Fri, June 06, 2014