Your Audience Is Waiting: 4 Tips to Get Your Blog Found
Are you the only one who reads your blog? Are you tired of working slavishly to generate good content only to be rewarded by a measly two comments? I mean, I know that there are personal benefits to writing a blog, but ultimately you want traffic, you want readers... and if your content is good, people want to find it. Its up to you to be sure that your content gets found. So get on it! Your audience is waiting for you.
So here are four simple tips to boost your blog in the rankings.
1. Submit your posts to social bookmarking sites. Sites like Reddit and Digg are great ways to get the word out.
2. Submit your blog to blog directories. Some of my favorites are sites like Best of the Web Blog Search, OnToplist.com, and Super Blog Directory.
3. Ping your RSS feed. There are plenty of free pinging services on the web. My favorite is pingomatic.
4. Be sure to use interesting images and then place keywords in the "img alt" tag. With the increasing popularity of image searches in search engines, a good image is becoming an easy way to get some quick traffic.
So keep working to create and publish high quality, useful content. Then follow simple guidelines like these to boost exposure and traffic. Happy blogging!
- Around the Analytics World February Wrap-up Sat, February 28, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Hotel Robot Staff, Towel Crime Fighting, and Rent your own Island! Fri, February 20, 2015
- Friday Fuel: OTA Takeovers & Movie Makeovers Fri, February 13, 2015
- The Southeast’s Most Romantic Travel Destinations Wed, February 11, 2015
- Friday Fuel: 50 Shades of Awesome Fri, February 06, 2015
- Around the Analytics World January Wrap-up Mon, February 02, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Release the WiFi, Meet Castro, and 7 more exciting links! Fri, January 30, 2015
- The Basics to Facebook Advertising Tue, January 27, 2015
- Facebook Marketing For Hotels Fri, January 23, 2015
- Friday Fuel: Better Late Than Never Edition Mon, January 19, 2015
- Around the Analytics World December Wrap-up Wed, December 31, 2014
- Friday Fuel: MOAR MOBILE. And More. Fri, December 19, 2014
- The Hotel SERP Real Estate Game Mon, December 08, 2014
- The 2014 Top 5 “Must Have” Techie Gift Guide Tue, December 02, 2014
- Creating Dynamite Emails Mon, November 24, 2014
- Amazon’s OTA, New Hilton & Marriott Fees, and Airbnb Protection Program Fri, November 21, 2014
- Internet Marketing Summit 2014 Key Takeaways Fri, November 14, 2014
- Google Removes Local Carousel For Hotels Fri, November 14, 2014