Your Audience Is Waiting: 4 Tips to Get Your Blog Found
Are you the only one who reads your blog? Are you tired of working slavishly to generate good content only to be rewarded by a measly two comments? I mean, I know that there are personal benefits to writing a blog, but ultimately you want traffic, you want readers... and if your content is good, people want to find it. Its up to you to be sure that your content gets found. So get on it! Your audience is waiting for you.
So here are four simple tips to boost your blog in the rankings.
1. Submit your posts to social bookmarking sites. Sites like Reddit and Digg are great ways to get the word out.
2. Submit your blog to blog directories. Some of my favorites are sites like Best of the Web Blog Search, OnToplist.com, and Super Blog Directory.
3. Ping your RSS feed. There are plenty of free pinging services on the web. My favorite is pingomatic.
4. Be sure to use interesting images and then place keywords in the "img alt" tag. With the increasing popularity of image searches in search engines, a good image is becoming an easy way to get some quick traffic.
So keep working to create and publish high quality, useful content. Then follow simple guidelines like these to boost exposure and traffic. Happy blogging!
- Creating Dynamite Emails Mon, November 24, 2014
- Amazon’s OTA, New Hilton & Marriott Fees, and Airbnb Protection Program Fri, November 21, 2014
- Internet Marketing Summit 2014 Key Takeaways Fri, November 14, 2014
- Google Removes Local Carousel For Hotels Fri, November 14, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Tinder for Hotels, Nano-Robot Scallops, and Virtual Balconies at Sea Fri, November 07, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: September 2014 Thu, October 30, 2014
- Friday Fuel - The Do’s and Don’ts of 2015, Hilton Rebrands Itself, TripAdvisor & Moon Travel Fri, October 24, 2014
- Is your Resort Talking to its Guests? Mon, October 13, 2014
- Friday Fuel – Hilton’s Big Sale, Last Minute Bookings, Hotel Reviews & Google News Fri, October 10, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Marriot Gets in Trouble & Mobile Payments Gain Momentum Fri, October 03, 2014
- Around the Analytics World September Wrap-up Tue, September 30, 2014
- Device Types And How They Are Being Used Mon, September 29, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Silence is a luxury, another OTA hits the scene, and Microsoft shows its dongle. Fri, September 26, 2014
- Friday Fuel - Google Knows What You’re Watching, Data Breaches, And The Tiniest Hotels Ever Fri, September 19, 2014
- Myrtle Beach Industry Overview: August 2014 Thu, September 18, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Robo Butlers, Chilly Cruise Ships, and Windows 9 Fri, September 12, 2014
- Friday Fuel: Turn Down For Tech Fri, September 05, 2014
- Around the Analytics World August Wrap-up Fri, September 05, 2014